Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's off to work I go....

...for one more day and then SPRING BREAK!!! My first year of working full time has been awesome. I know that I am doing exactly what I should be...TEACHING! I so love my job that it really doesn't even feel like work. The one draw back is I miss my babies! First semester flew by and then I got to spend 2 weeks at Christmas break with my kiddos every day. That is when I realized just how much I missed them! I am so blessed to have a job where I only work 190 days of the year and to be on a campus where the one time I had a sick baby (in the hospital with pneumonia) my principal called to check on her, but I do miss spending most of every day with my kiddos.

I think Kerrigan is the one who most notices me being at work. Quinton is of course at school every day, and Kortlen is too young to really notice a difference, but Kerrigan is 4 so she realizes the difference. Since Christmas, she has asked me several times why I have to work. I explained how life costs money and I have to work to pay for our house, our car, and all the things we have to have.

On Monday night, she asked me if tomorrow was a work day. I told her yes, but that after just 4 more days of work I was going to have a whole week off to spend all day with her! She was very excited!! When I got home from work on Tuesday, she met me at the door with a worried look on her face. This is what she said....
"Mom, what if we need to buy something on your week off? How will we do it?"
She had been worried all day that if I didn't go to work we wouldn't have any money!! I explained to her that it was a vacation and I would still get paid. Sweet thing doesn't realize that I am a teacher, so we never have any money!!

No comments:

Post a Comment